The Technology Education Research Group (TERG) was initially established in 2010 by Dr Niall Seery at the University of Limerick, Ireland, at a time when a national research presence for technology education did not exist. Initially, TERG was a local research group aspiring to have a national impact. As the group evolved it developed a significant international presence with members becoming affiliated with international universities. The group now aspires to have an international impact on the nature and provision of technology education at all levels of education.
The nature of research activities within TERG are varied. The group conducts basic research, use-inspired basic research, and applied research in the context of technology education in areas such as:
- Human intelligence, development, and cognition
- Heuristics, behaviours, and decision making
- Technology Enhanced Learning
- Technology mediated interactions
- Educational assessment and holistic judgement
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge